Tourist access to Kuta Beach in Bali’s Badung Regency has now been closed. In the midst of a corona virus outbreak, this beach is still crowded with tourists and surfers.
Thus, the Kuta Traditional Village closed as many as 40 access points.
Although it is sufficient to use the portal from bamboo, it is expected to be able to prevent the entry of tourists as an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We are closing access to the beach because there are still many tourists and surfers who are active on Kuta Beach. Although there has been a ban on all activities and there is a closure of the Kuta Beach tourist area. Said Kuta Customary Bandesa. I Wayan Wasista in Badung, Saturday, 4 April 2020.
Between launching the Kuta Customary Bandesa had previously given an appeal related to the closure of the tourist attraction, but there are still many who violate it.
Then the installation of the portal in the beach entrance access is expected to anticipate a repeat of that.
“We installed this portal too because our members were restricted who monitored the beach so that no tourists would violate it.” he said.
40 accesses that are closed by the bamboo portal are access to the beach which is located along Jalan Pantai Kuta.
Meanwhile, access to the main entrance to the south also remains closed but uses a barrier.
“The installation of the barrier at the main access gate is because the gate is the only access for our officers who patrol along the coast. If the access directly adjacent to Legian Beach is not closed. While other access points from the highway that we have closed are all with bamboo, “said Wasista.
He hopes that tourists and residents who plan to travel to Kuta Beach can understand the current conditions and are willing to accept conditions related to the closure of the beach.