Tourism destinations in Bali began to be opened in stages by following the health protocol, promotion, organizing the MICE Roadshow and Media Campaign in October 2020.
Deputy Governor of Bali, Tjokorda Oka Artha Ardana Sukawati, or familiarly called Cok Ace, said that from June to October 2020, there will be gaining confidence which includes preparation and revitalization of destinations, planning promotional programs and assistance to tourism actors.
“So that in 2021 it is hoped that Indonesia’s tourism sector can return to normal,” he said in the Coordination Meeting for the Recovery of Tourism, Thursday (05/14/2020).
Cok Ace said, the opening of tourism destinations is accompanied by world behavior towards new normal through the Cleanliness, Health, Safety (CHS) program, ie all new habits that were not considered normal at this time are normal.
“For that CHS implementation is very appropriate now,” he added.
Meanwhile, cleanliness or health includes the cleanliness of attractions and entrances, Health or health in the form of checking the health of tourists and safety or security that includes the security of tourists and the people of Bali.
He hopes the opening of tourism in Bali is not done simultaneously, but starting from the Nusa Dua area first. Because the ITDC area is physically isolated and far from settlements with complete facilities.
Furthermore, if the Covid-19 trend around the world has reached 0 percent, other tourism will begin to be opened gradually in several spots, such as Tanah Lot or Monkey Forest in Ubud. For the record opening of the spot is not followed by opening the surrounding area, to maximize social distancing
“Bali will be ready to accept tourists after this pandemic. Because it was previously able to rise from the Bali bombings and the eruption of Mount Agung,” he said.
The provinces that are prioritized for the CHS program are Bali, Yogyakarta and the Riau Islands. After succeeding it will be continued with other provinces.